CREATIVE CAMPAIGN STRATEGY AND VISUAL IDENTITY:
- Creating memorable campaign branding and a stand-out visual identity
- Filming events and interviews with stakeholders
- Editing footage for short videos
- Designing visually arresting printed material and signage
- Planning campaign strategy for packaging and sequencing campaign content
- Researching and advising on partners for outreach and collaboration
- Creating captivating multimedia content and message guidance for social media platforms
- Designing static and media rich ads
Website Design and Development
- Auditing current site to assess strengths and weaknesses
- Drafting and editing web copy
- Optimizing existing site organization to elevate strategic programs and initiatives
- Designing custom websites
- Developing responsive websites in WordPress
- Managing websites, including hosting, site maintenance, security updates and bug fixes
- Hosting specialized trainings and providing how-to guides for non-profit staff to update key web pages
- Identifying opportunities to engage
Anticipating angles that reach new audiences
- Proposing tactics to draw media attention
- Setting a timeline for each phase of the plan
- Crafting top-line messages and talking points
- Pitching print and online journalists for comprehensive coverage
- Booking TV and radio appearances around key campaign moments
- Reaching out to members of editorial boards to draw attention to key issues and spokespeople
- Collaborating on op-ed writing and strategic placements
- Engaging in rapid response reactions to breaking news
- Recognizing the dynamics of a news cycle
- Identifying opportunities in an over-saturated media landscape
- Developing a context- and medium-sensitive communications strategy
- Media tips for campaigners
- First-time interviewee basics
- Storytelling essentials
- Producing writing for a variety of mediums
- Preparing for TV and radio interviews
- Sticking to your message in challenging situations
Christina C. DiPasquale
Founder & CEO
Christina DiPasquale founded Balestra Media and leads strategic communications for progressive clients working on human rights projects. Her clients have included the American Civil Liberties Union, the International Rescue Committee, NARAL Pro-Choice America, the National Hispanic Media Coalition, Chelsea Manning and Free Press. She is also a Master in Public Policy faculty member at the Carsey School of Public Policy.
She was associate vice president at FitzGibbon Media where she led the firm’s digital rights practice, working with advocacy groups, filmmakers and whistleblowers. Prior to her time at FM, she was the associate director of press relations at the Center for American Progress, leading media outreach for CAP’s energy, immigration, national security, and LGBT teams and writing policy briefs cited by The New York Times and Rolling Stone.
Christina was elected to local office as Ward Committeewoman in West Philadelphia and served as deputy press secretary on Congressman Joe Sestak’s 2010 U.S. Senate campaign, after her time as policy advisor to Pennsylvania State Representative Greg S. Vitali. Her on-the-ground assistance to NGOs has taken her to Panama, Ghana, Switzerland and Australia. She is the first in her family born in the U.S. and first to graduate college. Christina holds a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in Political Science from Villanova University, and was awarded their inaugural Young Alumni Medallion in 2007.
Andy Stepanian leads creative campaign direction at Balestra Media. In this role, he has designed graphics for whistleblower Chelsea Manning, advised on video and social media content for the American Civil Liberties Union and created new logos and branding identities for the Alliance for Safety and Justice and the National Hispanic Media Coalition.
He has filmed and edited video for clients including the Alliance for Safety and Justice and the Muslim Community Network. In collaboration with web developers, Andy conceptualizes the visual representation of large data sets, provides guidance on the use of client images and video in a variety of settings and unifies messaging across all online platforms. Through Balestra Media, Andy serves as creative director to The Youth First Initiative, where he designs the organization's digital campaigns and creates printed matter about their efforts. He helped to develop a first-of-its-kind visual inventory of youth incarceration, which has since been used as source material in coverage from NPR, The Nation, and The Associated Press.
Andy also works on communications strategy and media relations, guiding communications work for the ACLU’s Free Slahi campaign and Global Witness’ international investigations. He is the co-founder of the not-for-profit Sparrow Media Project and was formerly senior director at FitzGibbon Media, where he worked on several digital rights, animal rights and criminal justice reform projects. He has helped develop exclusive content for Democracy Now!, The Huffington Post, Rolling Stone and NBC News. Andy's activism will be the subject of short documentaries on NBC News Digital, Viceland, and Pivot TV.
Senior Media and Digital Strategist
Courtney Holsworth is a senior media and digital strategist with Balestra Media. In this role, she leads press research and pitching. In her work for Talbot Digital, she has managed and optimized digital media campaigns, created social media content and aligned digital media calendars with strategic communications objectives for political and non-profit clients. She has directed the field work for Clements for Congress and served as a local representative for UFCW. Courtney acted as a Michigan delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 2016 and is a graduate of Western Michigan University.
Jareyah Bradley serves as a media strategist for Balestra Media providing research, media monitoring and pitching for clients including the National Hispanic Media Coalition, the International Rescue Committee and Education Cities. Prior to Balestra Media, she interned at BlackGirlTravel.com and founded Emerge Brand Building, where she aids college level artists and musicians in the establishment and management of their brands through consulting, media relations, and social media optimization. In her time with the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), she developed a comprehensive strategic communications plan to rebrand the National Weather Services' annual Summer Heat Safety campaign. Jareyah is a graduate of Howard University, with a major in public relations and minor in economics.