Balestra Media is a communications shop of energetic and savvy public relations professionals dedicated to providing a springboard for the progressive community into the news cycle, in ways that both reach and influence. Named after the fencing term for lunging and leaping forward, our team specializes in strategic communication plans, comprehensive media training, and aggressive press and digital outreach to advance positive change.
"...OUTPERFORMS THE COMPETITION WITH SWAG."
"...PLAYED A KEY ROLE IN HELPING IRC REFRAME REFUGEE ISSUES..."
International Rescue Committee
"...TACTICAL KNOWLEDGE THAT GOES WELL BEYOND MEDIA..."
"...HAVE NEVER SEEN A TEAM THAT GETS RESULTS LIKE BALESTRA"
Fight for the Future
"...ELEVATED THE VOICES OF COUNTLESS LATINOS..."
Jessica J. González
National Hispanic Media Coalition
"...SIGNIFICANTLY EXPANDED THE REACH OF OUR WORK..."
Deji Bryce Olukotun
- Identifying opportunities to engage
Anticipating angles that reach new audiences
- Proposing tactics to draw media attention
- Setting a timeline for each phase of the plan
- Crafting top-line messages and talking points
- Pitching print and online journalists for comprehensive coverage
- Booking TV and radio appearances around key campaign moments
- Reaching out to members of editorial boards to draw attention to key issues and spokespeople
- Collaborating on op-ed writing and strategic placements
- Engaging in rapid response reactions to breaking news
CREATIVE CAMPAIGN STRATEGY AND VISUAL IDENTITY:
- Creating memorable campaign branding and a stand-out visual identity
- Filming events and interviews with stakeholders
- Editing footage for short videos
- Designing visually arresting printed material and signage
- Planning campaign strategy for packaging and sequencing campaign content
- Researching and advising on partners for outreach and collaboration
- Creating captivating multimedia content and message guidance for social media platforms
- Designing static and media rich ads
- Recognizing the dynamics of a news cycle
- Identifying opportunities in an over-saturated media landscape
- Developing a context- and medium-sensitive communications strategy
- Media tips for campaigners
- First-time interviewee basics
- Storytelling essentials
- Producing writing for a variety of mediums
- Preparing for TV and radio interviews
- Sticking to your message in challenging situations